Monday, June 27, 2011

Yosemite

After finals ended, we headed up north for a few days. I finally got to meet Gary and Melissa's little guy Owen and see there beautiful new home in Fresno. Michael had helped them move in a couple months ago, but did not give me nearly enough details to prepare me for how stunning it is. They truly found a gem!
We headed from there to Yosemite and hiked Half Dome Thursday, A-Ma-ZING! I have never done any part of this hike before and it was breathtaking. Due to the late snow fall this year, the waterfalls were spectacular-seriously. The pictures don't do justice for how beautiful they were.
Here is the journey from beginning to end:

Entering the park

The start of the trail 



The bottom of Vernal Falls

Video of M hiking up Vernal Falls


Top of V. Falls video


Nevada Falls


Wanting a piggy back ride at this point


Bottom of Half Dome


Top of Half Dome






 

5 comments:

  1. Great, now because of you two, Tucker is on a huge kick to do it too. I'm the one who has to let him down and remind him that he still has a recovering Achilles tendon. Did you guys think of that before you went on that amazing Half Dome hike? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ERIN, DIDN'T SAY THAT I DID... MOM

    ReplyDelete
  3. So gorgeous Er, I love it and you two look like the pique of fitness. I am not sure that I can hack that hike- but I would like to try!!

    ReplyDelete